FlightView's Android App Soars Higher with Itinerary Management and Global Flight Coverage
FlightView now offers the most comprehensive flight-tracking coverage in the Android market
BOSTON [October 17, 2013] — FlightView, the preferred flight-tracking source of air travelers, has launched an updated version of its top-ranked Android travel app -- FlightView 3.0 -- reinvigorating the user experience based on feedback from millions of loyal users. The new release extends FlightView's coverage globally and includes powerful itinerary management functionality -- making it easier than ever before for travelers to add, manage and access flight information across devices.
FlightView 3.0 gives Android users the ability to:
- Automatically upload trip itineraries by forwarding itinerary confirmation emails to email@example.com, eliminating the need to track down confirmation codes and manually select flights within the app.
- Track flights all across the world, regardless of start and end points. FlightView now offers coverage for nearly 90 percent of all airline seats in the world -- more coverage than any other mobile or online flight tracker.
- Access trip information and profiles across different devices. Travelers can edit their profiles and trips on one FlightView property (like FlightView.com) and see the changes on a different property, like an Android smartphone or even an iOS product, such as the iPad.
- View personalized, local information on user profiles. Travelers can create profiles, choose a preferred airline and select a home airport for localized information.
- More easily move from one page to another inside the app with improved top-level navigation and user experience.
"Our Android users have asked for an easier way to add and manage trip information," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView, the day-of-travel information company. "The new itinerary upload process is fast and simple, and doesn't require any manual entry. It's one more way we're giving control back to travelers."
Downloaded by more than two million users, FlightView’s mobile apps power users to track flights in real-time, manage trips, monitor destination weather and account for nationwide airport delays. The latest upgrades complement FlightView's recently launched user profiles, which were rolled out earlier this year. The app is available in Free, Standard (.99) and Elite ($3.99) editions.
Click here for more information on setting up a profile, or download FlightView 3.0 on your Android device. FlightView rolled out similar upgrades for iPhone and iPad users in July.
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing