FlightView's 2nd Annual Top 10 Ways to Make Holiday Travel Easier
Taking Full Advantage of Accurate, Actionable Flight Information
BOSTON, MA (November 18, 2009) - While pundits predict fewer travelers and airlines cut back on routes and use smaller planes, some things won't change: overbooked flights, cranky airline and airport staff, and delays caused by winter weather.
In the spirit of the season, FlightView shares its second annual Top 10 Ways for travelers to better navigate the not-so-friendly skies.
- #10 Leave for the airport when you really need to. Whether flying or picking up company, FlightView offers the most accurate flight-tracking information - with up-to-the-minute visuals on where your plane is - and the weather that's affecting arrivals and departures.
- #9 Like the Boy Scouts, "be prepared." Check your flight's status via the free flight tracking mobile site while you're en-route to the airport.
- #8 Practice makes perfect. Look up and save your flight for future reference with your flight tracking native mobile app several days before the trip.
- #7 Don't be mistaken for a first-time traveler. Know when the inbound aircraft is due at the gate so you aren't seen screaming at the TSA staff that your flight is about to leave in 5 minutes when you're #150 in the screening line.
- #6 Keep the holiday spirit alive. Share flight tracking information with fellow travelers so everyone feels informed about what's happening. The gate staff will love you.
- #5 Turn on, tune in and relax. FlightView offers a soothing and fun travel playlist for the wait at the gate.
- #4 Have a ground crew to help with snafus. Brief your on-the-ground travel manager, i.e. Grandma, on flight change options if delays will make you miss your connection - she can rebook you on the next flight out and email the new itinerary so you can head to the right gate when you finally do arrive.
- #3 Take care of #4 yourself. With in-flight Wi-Fi, you can make the necessary changes and then share the wealth with fellow stranded passengers.
- #2 Nothing says holiday spirit like good tunes. For your in-flight enjoyment, the team at FlightView has created the perfect in-flight soundtrack.
- #1 Give the gift that keeps on giving (and save on checked baggage fees). Buy your loved ones flight tracking apps that will help them become as savvy a traveler as you are.
"The holidays are stressful and travel is a big contributor to the madness," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. "With just a little information, some preparation and a good soundtrack, travelers can make smart decisions on-the-go and spread some holiday cheer along the way."
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing