FlightView Marks Strong First Half of FY 2009
Innovative Delivery Models, Market Demand and Seasoned Leadership Increase Success
BOSTON (April 21, 2009) FlightView, the leading provider of accurate and actionable real-time flight information today reported double-digit growth for the first half of its fiscal year, thanks to flexible, creative delivery models and increased demand for its solutions. For the period between October 2008 through March 2009, the company saw an 11 percent increase in revenue over the same period the previous year.
For airlines, airports, ground transportation companies and mobile device manufacturers, FlightView has become the partner of choice for 24/7, up-to-the minute status of flights in the air. FlightView, capitalizing on the traveling public's craving for accurate information, delivers real-time flight information in innovative ways, including:
- Partnering with major airline carriers and more than 30 percent of the largest airports in North America to disseminate accurate flight information
- Developing innovative revenue models to help regional airports get up-to-speed with Web sites that travelers now expect
- Building customized mobile sites and native apps with flight tracking and travel information for major smart-phone providers, including the iPhone and Palm Pre
- Providing specialized applications to more than 70 percent of the ground transportation market
Team Expansion Drives the Next Wave of Growth
As the opportunities for actionable insight increase, FlightView has expanded its leadership team to make the most of a growing market. With experience in sales, marketing, product innovation and delivery, the expanded team includes:
- Ev Jordan, senior vice president of research and development
- Katherine Wellman, vice president of marketing and product management
- Jackie LoVerme, director of sales
The company's development team has rapidly grown this year, more than 60 percent, as well to support FlightView's focus on delivering innovative products in a wide range of markets.
"The challenge this year has been to come up with innovative ways for our customers to provide actionable information that helps their customers without breaking the bank," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. "That reality has given us a tremendous opportunity to partner with customers on creative solutions that benefit everyone."
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing