FlightView Mobile Site now Optimized for iPhone
New Flight Tracking iPhone Web App
BOSTON (December 17, 2008) - FlightView is excited to announce the release of a free iPhone Web App for Flight Tracking.
The address is the same as FlightView's standard mobile site - http://mobile.flightview.com/ - but now when iPhone users access it, they'll enjoy a version tailored to the simple fingertip tapping, pinching, and scrolling of the iPhone user interface, without having to download or pay for anything.
The FlightView iPhone Web App features:
- A user interface designed specifically to fit the iPhone screen and match the standard iPhone application look & feel
- A Flight Tracker Map showing the plane's location and current weather, that spans the entire iPhone screen for greater clarity and usability
- Navigation bars and selection buttons tailored for fingertip tapping
- Text boxes and date controls tailored for the iPhone keyboard and date/time pickers
- A FlightView icon available for the iPhone home screen so users can save the website link for quick access
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has more than 20 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
VP of Marketing